A recent Instagram post of me posing with a farm stand full of eggs made me realize how misinformed people still are about eggs. I mentioned how I love eggs and always have them available hard boiled as snacks.
Someone commented cautioning me to not eat more than 6 eggs a week! I presumed this person was severely misinformed. And sure enough she then commented saying the American Heart Association makes this claim, saying that more eggs could trigger heart disease due to raising bad cholesterol. Sadly, this information is completely outdated and false.
Eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet! High in protein, iron, selenium, choline, phosphorus, Vitamin A, E and K2.
The Yoke is where the nutrients, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents are most! REJECT the notion that egg whites are superior to the whole egg!
What to look out for when buying EGGS:
- Pasture raised chicken eggs with omnivorous diet are best.
- Beware of labels stating vegetarian – free-range – hormone free. These do not indicate a healthier egg.
- Get your eggs from farms directly.
- Duck, Emu, Goose, Ostrich, Pheasant, Quail are all great!
- If you can’t source from farms, USDA certified Organic are next best.
EGGS do NOT cause high bad cholesterol levels or any form of diseases! ENJOY EGGS IN ABUNDANCE!